• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

DSLR Tether to iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSK

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Mobile Operating System: iOS
Desktop Operating System: OS
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): LR Classic

Hello,
I have had nothing but frustration tethering from my camera to my iPad via wifi. Does anyone know if it's possible to tether directly via a cable? I don't want to buy a laptop just for this, I just want my RAW images to transfer to the iPad where I can review them with clients, pick the faves and sync with my desktop. That way when I get back to my studio, there they are.

Thanks!
Scott

Tethering (which I define as being able to take a photo through the camera and have it immediately appear on the computer) is not AFAIK possible with an iPad. Tethering is also specific to the camera manufacturer and model. That is why not every camera will tether to LR.

Apple makes a Lightning SD Card reader adapter for the iPad. Why not use that and copy the image files from the SD card to the iPad the old fashioned way? Because of the nature of the CF card technology, I'm not sure if there is a CF card reader compatible with the iPad.

Thanks for the feedback.

So it looks like I can't use a tether tools cable to directly connect my Canon 5D Mark IV to my iPad like you can with a laptop. Hopefully in the future, wouldn't that be great?

I did hear about the SD card transfer method, which is great when I'm done with the shoot, but it doesn't solve the immediate issue of being able to review images with my clients as I take them.

Thanks again!

You do not need to mount the Case Air to the hot shoe, I just let mine dangle. That way I can have my flash trigger on the hot shoe. The only option to wired tether an iPad is the Manfrotto Digital Director.

You can connect your EOS using the Canon Connect App and you can do remote view shooting - close to laptop tethering.

The directions are not straight forward as the canon version just deals with the camera setting - go to communications section

on ipad or iphone go back to WiFi settings and that is where you connect once the camera is ready and you have the encryption key

hope that helps I find it useful for offloading photos from camera and quickly posting to facebook or instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back