Drag to move photos not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLENN MCKINLAY

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Currently I seem to be unable to select and drag photos into folders – part of my normal organisation process. Sometimes when I try to drag them they rotate instead (I can undo that at least), but more typically I just end up with one photo selected instead of the whole bunch and I cannot even drag that photo.

I did have this problem once before, temporarily, but at this point time I seem to be locked into the problem. Usually the drag and drop just sort of happens entuitively and I haven’t been able to find any instructions that spell out how it is actually supposed to be done.

Please assist - it would be very cumbersome because if I have to go back to windows to reorganise photos – that would defeat a major reasons for my getting lightroom.

Dragging is only possible with the cursor clicked on the center of the image. It does not work when you click on the border of the image. Could this be the issue in your situation?
Thanks for suggestion. It looks like something of that nature is the problem, but I am still struggling to get the select and drag on multiple photos working consistently. Does anyone know where i can find a proper instruction on that?
Some kind of right click/move as in windows would help, as the mouseclick approach seems a bit too finicky.

Thanks for suggestion. It looks like something of that nature is the problem, but I am still struggling to get the select and drag on multiple photos working consistently. Does anyone know where i can find a proper instruction on that?
Some kind of right click/move as in windows would help, as the mouseclick approach seems a bit too finicky.
There seems to be two shades of grey. On selecting one photo,I get the first shade. Then if I select additional photos, the first one goes lighter, and the additional ones all go to the former.

If you want to select multiple images, click in the centre of one. Then if you want to select a continuous series, click on the last one while holding the shift key. That will select all images between the first one and the one you just clicked. If you want to select a number of images that are not continuous, click on the first one then click on the next one while holding the Ctrl-key. Continue Ctrl-clicking until you've selected all. To drag a selection, just click in the center of one of the images and start dragging.

There seems to be two shades of grey. On selecting one photo,I get the first shade. Then if I select additional photos, the first one goes lighter, and the additional ones all go to the former.

Yes, that is normal. That is to show you that the first selected image is the 'most selected' (or whatever you want to call it) in the selection. This image will show when you switch to the Develop module, for example. And if you click the Synchronize button, the other images in the selection will get synchronized with the settings of this one.

I find, on a Windows machine, if I try to drag too quickly the selection disappears. If I start to drag slowly, this seems to give time for Lr to recognise what I am doing. Once I can visibly see that the drag is working (ie the image icons are moving across the screen) I can speed up the movement of the cursor to my desired destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back