• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Drag to move photos limited to on screen images in Grid View

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralf11

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR6
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I am trying to drag some photos to the top of a group of about 50 or more in a single folder in Grid View, but it won't let me drag beyond the 9 or so photos shown on the screen.

Most programs let you drag an entity further than the screen display shows by scrolling the view but LR won't do this. It is extremely tedious to drag a single photo 5 times or more over and over again to get an arrangement I want.

Thx.

When I drag a photo to the top or bottom edge of the grid window, the grid scrolls. Granted, I'm on Windows and using LRC 10, but it would be bizarre if Lightroom didn't work that way in version 6 on a Mac.

You could try resetting your preferences. That is known to fix problems that shouldn't be happening.

Have a go at this tip-
CUSTOM SORT FILES
To Custom Sort one thumbnail to a ‘distant’ position in a large number of files in Grid View-

1) Select the #1 File you wish to ‘move’ in Custom Sort order
2) Additionally Select a #2 File with [Ctrl] in the ‘New’ location
3) Then hold the [Alt] key and drag the #2 File left or right (with the left mouse button).
The #1 File will re-locate next to #2.
It also works with a multiple selection of #1 files- they move as a group next to the #2 file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back