• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Drag and Drop to Reorganize Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdeemer

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 11.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
It's been some time since I used this, but I used to be able to select various images in a folder and move them to before or after another image in the folder, by clicking and highlighting the images to be moved in Grid view and then clicking on the destination image and dragging it to the left or right. This avoids trying to get to get the images to move painfully slowly by dragging all of them toward the top of the screen and waiting forever for it to scroll.

Has something changed?

Check the Sort options in the grid. The default is added order. Capture time will sort them by capture time and file name will sort them by file name. What you want is “Custom” which will let you drag then to your “custom” order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cannot get the 'long distance drag&drop' to work either! (or I have forgotten the trick!)
When it did work, It does set a Custom Sort order, but-
"Custom Sort" is not available in all sources.
It is available when selecting a folder which itself has no sub-folders.
It is not available when selecting a folder which has sub-folders (unless it also has root-level photos and "Show Photos in Sub-folders" is unchecked).
It is available in most static collections (one exception being the "Previous Import" collection).
It is not available when the source is a Smart Collection or a Collection Set.
In summary- Custom Sort is not available in any 'Composite' View.
Dragging Photos in Grid View Quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back