• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Drag and Drop Issues LRC & PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwaddo

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
My Apple Trackpad works perfectly with my iMac, I never have any issues with it.

Several times I have noticed in both LRC and PS (latest CC versions) that when I drag, I cannot drop. I have now seen this behaviour with my Apple Trackpad and my Intuos Pro suggesting it is more macOS and app related than hardware.

I know there are places where you cannot drag and drop but my issues are happening in places where I know it should work. Moving a layer is PS of moving a folder in LRC.

When the problem occurs it is as though the button on the device is stuck and the app has not detected that I've dropped the dragged item.

Posting here to see if a, I am alone and b, if anyone knows the fix

Updated: Oddly for the first time I have just noticed this in other apps, I am unable to drag and drop and email into a folder. I have just put some batteries in my Apple Mouse and the problem remains so It is definitely not the device, must be software, but I do sense it is LRC and PS related as that is where I usually notice it. I wonder if it upsetting the device drivers so how.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Sometime recently, Apple modified the Drag And Drop function with files. I have not figured out how to get drag and drop to work consistently in Finder , I have not tried this recently with Lightroom or PS.

I found that I was one minor update down on the Wacom driver which I’ve updated to see if that helps.

Also, I noticed the Wacom driver is flagged as ‘legacy’ by macOS so perhaps that is not helping.

I will have to see how it goes.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back