Download problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBHjr

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I don't know if this is the correct forum area for this but, if not, please move it to the appropate area.

I'm in the process of, hopefully, moving back to Macintosh after being away for twenty years. Suffice to say, things are different. Anyway, part of that process is attempting to move my Lightroom catalog and photos from Windows to Mac. I was hoping to download the free moving to a new computer e-book for some pointers but for some reason I can't seem to download the PDF on my M1 Mac mini running Big Sur. I do fully expect that my problems stem from my inexperience with this system. However, in any case, it seems that I can only download the link as an html file. No matter which combination of keys or left/right clicking I do, the result is the same. It downloads as an html file. Never a PDF. For the record, I'm using Safari.

Could some kind soul please point me in the right direction. I would be ever so grateful.

--Ron

OK, never mind.... I figured it out. Duh!

--Ron

Well done, Ron. For admin issues like this, you're always welcome to use the Contact Form for our assistance.

All the best with the move back to Mac!

Thanks, I'll probably need it.

--Ron

I don't know if this is the correct forum area for this but, if not, please move it to the appropate area.

I'm in the process of, hopefully, moving back to Macintosh after being away for twenty years. Suffice to say, things are different. Anyway, part of that process is attempting to move my Lightroom catalog and photos from Windows to Mac. I was hoping to download the free moving to a new computer e-book for some pointers but for some reason I can't seem to download the PDF on my M1 Mac mini running Big Sur. I do fully expect that my problems stem from my inexperience with this system. However, in any case, it seems that I can only download the link as an html file. No matter which combination of keys or left/right clicking I do, the result is the same. It downloads as an html file. Never a PDF. For the record, I'm using Safari.

Could some kind soul please point me in the right direction. I would be ever so grateful.

--Ron
Same Issue I have faced.

Once logged in, go to Downloads > Free Membership > Lightroom Moving to a New Computer.

Click 'PDF Format' and it will download. If you have difficulty, it's usually a Browser setting preventing downloads or pop-ups. Use the Contact Form if you still have difficulties with details of what device, OS, Browser and we'll endeavor to assist further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back