• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Done button disappeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredw

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I am suddenly unable to crop as the "done" button has disappeared. Anyone know where it may be hiding?

Hi, welcome to the forum.

It's on the toolbar, which you've probably hidden. Press "T" to show it again.

BTW, even without the "Done" button you could execute the crop by either clicking on the "Close" button at the bottom-right of the Crop Tool panel, or simply press the Return/Enter key.

I had the same problem. I do not get it, why does it happen?. Why do we always have to press T to see it again?. I mean this is supposed to be the a most important button. Every time we do something we need that button. It should be fixed as soon as possible.

I had the same problem. I do not get it, why does it happen?. Why do we always have to press T to see it again?. I mean this is supposed to be the a most important button. Every time we do something we need that button. It should be fixed as soon as possible.
You have to press the 'T' because you probably pressed that by mistake. There is nothing to fix. The toolbar is remains visible as long as you do not make it disappear.

You have to press the 'T' because you probably pressed that by mistake. There is nothing to fix. The toolbar is remains visible as long as you do not make it disappear.

There is a window concept called “getFocus”. Which places the mouse pointer in the proper panel. You do this when you click the left mouse button. Which ever panel is under the mouse pointer “gets the Focus” Let’s say you want to enter some text in the Metadata panel. You position the mouse point the over the field BUT do not click to set the focus in that field. You then go to the keyboard and start typing. One of the letters that you type is “T”. If the focus is still in the center panel, you just toggled the Toolbar off if it was on. You realize your mistake when no text appears in your expected text field and now you click the mouse to make the field active.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a window concept called “getFocus”. Which places the mouse pointer in the proper panel. You do this when you click the left mouse button. Which ever panel is under the mouse pointer “gets the Focus” Let’s say you want to enter some text in the Metadata panel. You position the mouse point the over the field BUT do not click to set the focus in that field. You then go to the keyboard and start typing. One of the letters that you type is “T”. If the focus is still in the center panel, you just toggled the Toolbar off if it was on. You realize your mistake when no text appears in your expected text field and now you click the mouse to make the field active.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Or the cat walks across the keyboard again....

I am running version 4.0 on a Windows desktop and when I press "T", nothing happens. Is that because it is a desktop version?

Todd

I am running version 4.0 on a Windows desktop and when I press "T", nothing happens. Is that because it is a desktop version?

Todd
Unlike Classic, the Lightroom desktop app doesn't have the same option to show or hide the Toolbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back