• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Does editing in Classic use the preview version if you re already cloud based

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcRJacobs

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
  2. iOS
My entire collection of 60,000+ photos is in Creative Cloudand I use LR CC on the Mac desktop, iPhone and iPad. My account is a 1TB and LR CC only account. If I add Classic and Photoshop to my account, and turn on syncing in LR Classic, will I be editing a preview or the full image. And, if it is the full image, is this possible a way of getting backings from a CC account? Currently, you can only get backs of the original, or the final as a jpg.

If you turn on sync in Lightroom Classic, then Lightroom Classic will download a copy of all 60,000 photos to your hard drive. Any edits you make will be on those full size images, and sync back to the cloud. That means that the local images can also function as a backup of your cloud images.

Thank you so much, that's the best news yet! :)

Marc

If you turn on sync in Lightroom Classic, then Lightroom Classic will download a copy of all 60,000 photos to your hard drive. Any edits you make will be on those full size images, and sync back to the cloud. That means that the local images can also function as a backup of your cloud images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back