• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Does anyone have a LR 6.14 licenec for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotofundi

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Does anyone who has moved over to the Adobe subscription service have a genuine Lightroom 6.14 Windows licence for sale at a sensible price? A long and embarrassing story has left me with downloaded Lightroom 6.14 installation files but no licence, or having to move to the subscription service, which I don't need or want to do.

If you have ever owned a license to Lightroom 6, you can contact Adobe to get your license code or simply log on to your Adobe User page to retrieve your license.

I am not sure that a license can be transferred legally if the owner has upgraded. I do not think you are going to find Lightroom 6 through any legal source. And I would think that any non legal source might be a scam taking your money and not delivering a valid license.

I am not sure that a license can be transferred legally if the owner has upgraded. I do not think you are going to find Lightroom 6 through any legal source. And I would think that any non legal source might be a scam taking your money and not delivering a valid license.
I don't see that as a problem. Perpetual users who moved to subscription didn't get any special "upgrade price", we paid exactly the same as subscribers who had never used or purchased Lightroom before. So if someone wants to sell their legally purchased LR6 license, I doubt Adobe would have any problem with that. However, if the OP does find someone willing to sell their old LR6 license, it would be prudent to check if that was originally purchased as an upgrade from an older LR version. If so, the upgrade-qualifying serial number would be needed as well as the LR6 serial number.

The trial version of V6.14 which is the last version of the perpetual programme that can be downloaded shows as Lightroom CC in 'About Lightroom' in the Help Menu.
Was v6.14 sold as Lightroom CC? If so, then that's what I am looking for.

The trial version of V6.14 which is the last version of the perpetual programme that can be downloaded shows as Lightroom CC in 'About Lightroom' in the Help Menu.
Was v6.14 sold as Lightroom CC? If so, then that's what I am looking for.
Lightroom6 was available as BOTH a perpetual license version and the CC version (known as CC2015). The CC app would automatically "convert" the perpetual version to the subscription version, but the actual installation code was the same. Should you ever manage to purchase a valid license you can "convert" the current installation back to the perpetual version. No need to download and re-install it.

If you at one time had a license on your machine, Belarc Adviser may be able to pull the license key as it gives a summary of licensed software on a machine. It is a long shot, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

--Ken

I have just moved from a fully licensed LR 6 to LR (cloudy) and LRC. 1 TB plan.

OP, the LR 6 that you are looking for may not install on machines with the current gen operating systems (Big Sur, etc).

OP, the LR 6 that you are looking for may not install on machines with the current gen operating systems (Big Sur, etc).
That's true for Macs, but the OP is on Windows, and LR6 still runs fine on that OS. Microsoft do an amazing job of maintaining backward compatibility. I'm still running Office 97, and I'm pretty sure that's 16-bit software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back