• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Dodge and Burn Settings in Local Adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2iSite

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi,

I am looking to understand if I can create user settings for local adjustments such as brushes and gradiants. I want to have default dodge and burn settings, like on LR Classic. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

When you activate the brush, you see the presets in a pop-up menu at the top, behind the word 'Effect'. You can create your own by making the desired settings and then choose 'Save Current Settings as new Preset'.

I'm sorry, but I dont see a pop-up when activating the brush... if i click on presets on the bottom, i can change the whole image, but not the brushed areas only...

It looks as though you can create presets only for the Linear or Radial Gradient at this time.

It looks as though you can create presets only for the Linear or Radial Gradient at this time.
I think we are talking about two different things here. You can only add a linear filter or a graduated filter to a develop preset, that is true. You cannot add a brush to such a preset.

However, the adjustment brush, the graduated filter and the radial filter share their own presets. These can be found where I explained it before. The one you see here is a preset I created myself.

Screenshot 2018-08-31 21.21.18.jpg

Yes, we are talking about different things. The OP (and I) are talking about LRCC for desktop, not LR Classic.

Oh I see! The pop-up is the main preset menu- got it... well, hopefull they extend this to the brush soon! Thanks so much for sticking with me to resolve this! Best!

OK, so now that I know how to create a preset that can be used by a tool, i dont see how to select the present to be applied by the tool... any help appreciated!

When you create the preset it then becomes available in the list of Presets that you can select from when editing a picture.....just like any other preset. So create the preset in your folder of choice (User Presets would be the default), then when you want to apply that preset to another image, simply click on Presets to open the presets panel and then click on the name of the preset that you created.

Yes, we are talking about different things. The OP (and I) are talking about LRCC for desktop, not LR Classic.
Does any part of this thread also apply to LR Classic?

Phil

Not really, although the overall principle about creating and applying presets is the same.

OK, so now that I know how to create a preset that can be used by a tool, i dont see how to select the present to be applied by the tool... any help appreciated!
You simply click the preset. Remember however that you have created a develop preset, not a tool preset. A tool preset would be something that you use after you have activated the tool. The preset would then set the sliders of the tool. That is what I showed for Lr Classic, but that does not exist in Lr CC (yet). A develop preset applies the tool itself, so it applies the same filter with the same settings to the new image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back