• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Do you use keywords?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denis Pagé

Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
A while ago, I've read on the net that only 1'% of Lightroom users do use keywords! This was quite a surprise for me and I still wonder...

Lets see how we score here at Lightroom Forums. I understand that we should take the results with a grain of salt as all Gurus will probably vote "Always" and we are a bunch of power users here.

Nonetheless, this may be interesting.

Poll open until october 4th.

One more 'always' vote.... ;) I will admit I still have an awful lot of keywording to do though!

Even though my keyword use is fairly basic and at times confused, I apply keywords to all files usually upon import if I can.Is the market research Denis???? :D :D :D

Always. It was a bit of job doing 1',''' + photos but glad i did it. For new photos it takes just minutes to keyword 2'' photos.

Yes, I use keywords. They are a great addition to finding the photos I need for work, or play... or... whateverr. But I do have one question. Say I have a keyword with a few hundred entries... now I add some keywords inside that keyword. Okay, now I start to specifiy which of my keywords need to be in which sub-keyword, as I pull up a picture and specify another keyword, LR moves the new keyworded photo to either the beginning or the end of the photos. It makes it difficult to move on to the next photo for additional keyword assignment.

I'm working on LR2.4 but cannot find a way to simply move on to the next photo. Does this make sense to anyone? ::)

Thanks in advance!
John
AKA DoorGuy

Yes, I use keywords extensively - although I do wonder why sometimes as my shoots are all commissioned by individual clients and sold for their exclusive use, so its not like I need to search for images for a particular purpose at any time after I've sent off the content. Still I am a bit of a perfectionist (which can be annoying even to me) so have an extensive array of keywords all under groups etc. I do make good use of the other metadata fields also, which are more important, such as identifying models, clients, invoice numbers etc. All very useful to have!

Paul A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back