• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Do not have Sync "With Lightroom Mobile" option when creating Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcary

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Though a while ago I setup Lightroom Classic to sync with Lightroom Classic (I deleted the connection), I no longer have that option when creating a Collection. I must have turned off something that now keeps me from re-connecting.

Suggestions welcomed.

\rtc

Two things:

Lr version 12.4 - there is no such thing. Are you talking mobile or Classic?
Classic - is the catalog you're referring to the one set to sync and is that running? What version of Classic?

12.4 probably is the internal Camera Raw engine, ergo if it's Classic it will be version 9.4.

I'm confused by the comment "setup Classic to sync with Classic", so I assume that means setup Classic to sync with the Cloud. If the option to sync collections has gone AWOL, that means that sync is not enabled....so click on the cloud icon top right to check the current sync status. Likely you'll need to start it again

My apologies if my question was confusing, so let me try again:

I am running Lightroom Classic 12.4 and want to sync with my iPhone via Lightroom CC (cloud based).
According to Adobe, I need to create a Collection in Lightroom Classic and select the Option "Sync with Lightroom" . That Option does not appear when I create a Collection in Lightroom Classic (12.4).

With appreciation,
Todd

Update: It appears that until I complete the sync of Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic, "Sync with Lightroom" is not available; it is now.

As others have said, there is not Lightroom Classic version 12.4
In Lightroom Classic menu go to{Help}{System Info...} and copy, then paste the info displayed into your reply here so that we can assess your computer and Lightroom version. Without the correct information we can only guess at what might be going on.

Sorry, my mistook. I mistook the ACR: 12.4. The Lightroom version is 9.4. Big difference

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back