• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

DNG Profile Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Anderson

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic v.12.0.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have been able to download a camera profile that will allow a more effective white balance for infrared captures, but I do not seem to be able to install it. I have instructions for two paths for this, neither of which get the job done. 1) C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles 2) C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\ This second path is the wording found on p. 550 of "Lightroom CC/6 The Missing FAQ." The file extention for the profile is .dcp. This is a recent model processor operating Window 10. Any suggestions (I hope)?

That’s the same location, I just put [your username] and they put %userprofile%

What’s tripping you up, are you finding that folder ok? It may be hidden by windows by default

Mark, no no no .... Dont do that.

I shoot IR. I have a converted GFX 50r and I also use all the IR filters on my GFX 100. As you know, when you use the filters you have to go tripod because of the super slow shutter speeds. The converted camera is normal shutter speeds. But on both methods you have to get that whiter balance right with an extreme setting in camera before importing to LR because LR does not have enough room on the temp sliders to get it right. It is an extreme adjustment.

Do not do that in LR. You must set up a custom white balance in camera. What camera do you shoot? If Fuji I can tell you how to do it. But set up a custom WB and set it before every shoot because lighting conditions are different each time. It is very easy to do.

Once in LR you are probably going to convert to B&W anyway, but you need to get that WB as close as you can in camera or it will affect even the B&W post processing. Google it and watch some videos on shooting IR with filters and how to set up a custom WB on each shhot. If you convert, the conversion company will set you up a permanent custom WB profile setting for you to start each shoot with.

Go to my Flickr page and look at the albums. Scroll down to some of my IR albums. I shot all over Iceland, Texas, NC and Italy with a converted 50r within the last couple of years. There is some good IR stuff in there. If you have any IR questions, PM me.

Hello Greg,
My apologies for the late reply. I had to be out of town and attend to other matters. I shoot a converted Fuji XT-2. It is a full spectrum conversion, so I use specific filter for different effects. I do process for B&W printing. The conversion was done by Lifepixel in Washington state. I don't know what they did about a custom in-camera white balance. It is my understanding that even with a converted mirrorless camera I sstill need to save captures as DNG files so they can be properly handled by light room. A proper white balance will also still require a camera profile that will allow that temperature slider to have more room on the low (or left) end. Currently it bottoms out at 2000.

I welcome and invite input regarding this from anyone. And I thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back