• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

Develop module Display overlay info each time a setting is updated

Cedric Duroisin

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Hi,

I have been looking for this option directly in Lightroom, but also on Google and various forums but I couldn't figure it out.

When adjusting sliders in develop mode using the + and - keys, an overlay text is displayed at the bottom of the working area indicating what was updated (ie. "Increase Exposure: +0.10"). This is working for me.

But when updating sliders using another method (mouse, or in my case, external usb controller Behringer X-touch mini), no info is displayed. I know this is an existing option because it is shown on a Youtube video.

Screenshot of the feature I'm looking for:
Untitled.jpg

Full Youtube video:

Is this feature deprecated or limited to Mac? Or did I miss it in Lightroom settings?

Operating System: Windows 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom Classic CC 7.2

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,
Cedric

Cedric Duroisin

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I just found the solution to my problem: my controller works with MIDI2LR, a free Lightroom plugin.

There is an option to enable the overlay info in MIDI2LR options.

upload_2018-3-3_17-40-20.png

I hope nobody spent too much time looking for this!

Regards,
Cedric

Denis Pagé

Lightroom Guru
Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
We love self solving problems! ;)

That said, welcome to the forum and feel free to come back anytime you get stuck.