• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Display Images at Actual Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Studio Galvan

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm sure someone out there has been able to easily do this for sales presentations but I can't find it!

I want to be able to display my clients favorite images at actual 36x48, 30x40, 24x36 etc on my 55" display or with my video projector so they can see how that size looks.
I'm aware of the various tools to put a photo of their wall on screen with the portraits ratioed accordingly but I want them to the it at the actual 36x48, 30x40, etc
Who has done this?

I have both LR6 and Classic 10 but I'm guessing the answer will be the same for both.

Shine Your Light!
CG

The solution resides in answering the question: “How big is a pixel?
A Pixel is dimensionless until it is displayed in print or screen. You introduce two additional elements: The resolution of the Video Display and the projected resolution on the screen at some variable distance from the projector.

Additionally you are going to resize the the original image to fit the pixel dimensions of the projector. Each image may have different pixel dimensions and resize differently.

Trial and error are going to be your best response. If you have a 36X48” printed image, view the image file with the projector and move the screen closer or farther away from the screen until your 48” side of the image cam be measured as 48” on the screen.

Depending upon your setup you may need to move the projector instead of the screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please do not post the same question in two forums.

I'm doing a computer-aided design program. I need to show drawings at real size on the screen, implying that on the off chance that I can put a ruler to quantify lines on my screen and they should coordinate. Anyway, screens have diverse days. How might I get the right dpi and ascertain the increase factor for my program? Much appreciated.
I would be strongly minded to photograph a ruler and use the scaling on that to answer your question.

You will have to do some maths. If you take a picture of a ruler, and place it on the screen, you will be able to work out the adjustments needed to get an actual 1:1 ratio, as displayed. By rotating the image you will also be able to see if your monitor displays the exact same pitch both horizontally and vertically. I'll leave you to work out all the various image to screen ratios. You will likely want to make accurate crops too, to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back