• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

disable a single local adjustment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiblanco

Hi,

Is there a way to disable just one local adjustment on its own.
I know you can turn the panel on or off, or you can turn the amount down to zero, but is there a shortcut to toggle your current adjustment on/off whilst leaving on any other adjustments?

Two options:

(1) Set the Before state to the history state immediately before adding the current adjustment. Right-click on any history step and choose "Set ... as Before". Then the backslash key can be used to jump back and forth between that state and the current state.

(2) Delete the pin, then use undo to recreate it.

thanks for the speedy reply Mark, option1 is pretty obvious, but only now you've said it, so big thanks.

I quite often when working on a portrait blur the skin a little, then sharpen the eyes. Needed to turn the eye sharpening on/off whilst keeping the skin blur on.

Does a bit more control of toggling individual local adjustments sound like a viable request option, or am i expecting too much from Lr? I guess it would be almost like turning layers on/off in Ps.

Here's another easy option -- create an Adjustment Brush preset called "zero". Sets all the sliders to zero. Apply that preset to hide the effect of that pin, then undo to get it back.

You can certainly file a feature request...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back