Status
Not open for further replies.

Safariholic

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I gather not a new Issue, but am stumped.

I have 3.660 + Images in a single Folder (on a separate Passport Drive), which I wish to Import to LR 5.7 (Desktop)then Develop etc until Album .

I wish to Import & KEEP them in Chronological Order ('Image Capture' seems the most sensible), but it isn't working and I have a random dump.

Am at my wits end.

So THANKS for any help and guidance - Idiot-Proof Step-by-Step Instructions would be best (honest)

This is just a matter of setting the sort order, the import order is irrelevant. The sort order of the grid is set in the lower left corner of the grid. You may have to reveal it by pressing ‘T’.

To elaborate slightly -- the Added Order may be more random, but the Captured Date (assuming one is present in the file) will not be changed by importing, so display order is a matter of how you request it be sorted. Once in the catalog there is no single order -- you can sort by (most) anything you want for display. If you export and use images elsewhere, the capture date is preserved in the export, it's not lost by how imported or how viewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back