Not open for further replies.

John Cicchine

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
As per my previous post of about a half hour ago. I clicked on the circle with the + icon and selected add folder. Then a window popped up with a selection of choices but the small window in the lower left corner that says select folder was not highlighted and I did not have the option as previously to click on that. Could this be a glitch from upgrading to Mojave 10.14.3? I think this is a good clue. Looking forward to your response. Thank You very much.

John

See attached screen shot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 2.49.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 2.49.35 PM.png
    410.8 KB · Views: 139
Why don't you create a folder in Finder there where you want it. Then on the left in LTR you can select it and see what photos you placed in it. Save the library when you quit LTR afterwards.

Hi Lex. I apologize for not writing back sooner. I have been trying different things. What I found was that the permissions of the external hard drives were I believe set to "Read Only". I changed them to Read-Write and all was ok after that. I also found that if there are no folders on a hard drive I click on the circle with the + in it and in Finder I created a folder. Sort of a head or master folder. Than in Lightroom I Control-Click on that folder and a dialog box opens with the option to "Create a folder within the named folder". All that is working too now as well as being able to drag a folder from one Hard Drive to another. I am not sure if the problem I had was a result of Upgrading to Mojave. I also know that I had a virus but it appears to be gone. Once again I apologize for not writing back sooner and I am grateful to you for you help and hope to help you one day too. John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back