• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Different Photo counts in LR CC and Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System: Win 10 Pro
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom CC1.0.1

Ok this is really going to annoy me until I sort it. In LR CC it says I have 30,130 photos but in Classic it says 30,141 photos are synced. Any thoughts ?

Ok I managed to resolve it.

What had happened is that during syncing between classic and cc (smart previews) a number of photos didn’t make the journey.

I found out by filtering the photos by date in both classic and cc. I found which years had different counts then which months and finally which days.

The 11 missing photos came from 3 albums.

What I did for the first 2 albums was to de-sync all the photos on that date and then re-sync them. For the third album I resaved to xmp and they automatically re-synced.

So that could have been the issue. It could be that the 11 files had not been saved to xmp.

Ok the issue has re-surfaced but in a slightly different way. Classic, cc on desk top, cc on lap top all agree on number of synced photos. Cc on IPhone indicating 1 less photo. It’s had lots of time to catch up syncing. Any ideas ?

What does LR Web say?

I have narrowed it down to the year 2016. The Iphone indicates that there are 6395 photos and all the other apps indicate 6396. If I was able to "pick" the 6395 photos on the Iphone then I would be able to find the offending photo in the other apps... being the only un-picked photo. However, I can't work out how to batch pick all 6395 photos on the Iphone. I only seem to be able to do it photo by photo.... which I am not going to do ! Is it possible to batch select > pick on the Iphone app ?

Nope, no batch flagging on iPhone, sorry Mark! How about switching it to Segmented view, then changing it to Month divisions. Then you could narrow it down to within a month.

Nope, no batch flagging on iPhone, sorry Mark! How about switching it to Segmented view, then changing it to Month divisions. Then you could narrow it down to within a month.
Thanks Victoria, I didn't realise I could get down to monthly divisions. That should do it. I will have another go.

Thanks Victoria, I didn't realise I could get down to monthly divisions. That should do it. I will have another go.
Well that was easy. In fact you can get down to daily and even hourly divisions. Just hold your thumb on the year for a second or 2 until the option tab pops up. I quickly narrowed it down to 31 January 2016 and the offending photo was a pano taken on the Iphone. I removed it from synced photos in classic and then re-added it to the appropriate collection and this time it also uploaded to LRCC on the Iphone. So the photo counts in all my devices all tally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back