• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Different cloud storage values in LrC, Lr and Assets Adobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank.barino

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom-Version: 5.0 x64 [ 20211012-0002-a1240ed ] (Oct 12 2021)
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Hi All,

you may say that's not a big deal and I agree. But still drives me nuts, because I do not know why... here is my little problem

On the road, I usually import my files to Lr on my iPad (photography plan 20GB). If my files go beyond the 20GB cloud storage, I clear the cloud at home by downloading to LrC on my iMac and sync back some smart previews via collections to Lr mobile. After complete clearance I usually have s some 50 - 100 MB cloud storage still left, no problem. Now this is getting more and the indication differs by app.

This is what happened. After clearing Creative Cloud last time, it showed about 1gb storage consumption although only smart previews in the cloud. No cloud documents in Ps or elsewhere. Also no documents in asset, document and creative cloud, at least I do not find. All trash emptied. I have some files in mobile spark apps, but adobe states this does not count against the cloud. Checked again for original files in the cloud, nothing. Also, no adobe scans anymore which would count against cloud storage.

After all I decided to clear the catalogue in Lr web and here is what I see now:
LrC: 20 GB available as expected
Lr (mobile): app. 900 MB consumed
assets.adobe.com: 340 MB consumed

Does anyone have a clue where these differences may come from and where I could search for these files, or is this maybe a known problem?

Thanks
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back