Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Did you turn it off and on again?
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I'm travelling and my old 2015 MacBook Air is crapping out with my R5. It just can't handle 45 megapixels. LrC just stops working. I see the new ones have the M1 chip which is good.

I see 13" for both the Air and Pro. Can someone please give me a quick summary on what the difference is between the two. Both have an 8 core CPU but the Air has a 7 core GPU while the Pro as an 8 core GPU. Nor sure how much difference that will make.

I’m not sure that I can suggest which might be best.
I’d recommend a minimum of 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD.

I would recommend an alternative for travel. I have a 12.9” iPadPro with the M1 chip. I use Lightroom and the iPadPro for travel.

At the moment, I am in Holbrook AZ working through the last 100 or so images from my Nikon Z7.

These images will be in my LrC catalog at home before I get back in a week or so.

For Travel, I use Lightroom, Safari, Email, Messages and little else is needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. A few things to think about.

Thanks everyone. I went with the Air and boosted Ram to 16GB. Since I store all my files on an ED I went with 252GB for storage. Same as my 2 year old 27`` iMac. First day out and it's lighting fast for me even using thunderbolt 4 to USB 3. I just needed it to work. Now I can use 3rd party AI noise reduction as well.

Never tried the migration assistant before as I always liked to do a fresh install. Seamless. Even with LrC/PS all I had to do was sign out from the old laptop and sign in with the new one.

I do have a question. What do I do with the new folder on my desktop called "relocated items"?

I do have a question. What do I do with the new folder on my desktop called "relocated items"?
It’s an alias. I just trashed it.

There used to be a lot of complaints about LR being bloatware. Between the improvements Adobe made and the new computer tech - I used 56 masks for this and it didn't even burp.

Attachments

• _U3A0779-2.jpg
    _U3A0779-2.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 126
While I'm enjoying my new toy I did buy it in Europe. How dare they sell me a European Keyboard in Europe. :) There are several keys that don't match what's typed which is a tad inconvenient. I'm using the keyboard viewer when `I get stuck. I can probably purchase replacement keys back home. In the meanwhile is there a way to remap the keys. I did a search but I'm not sure what to trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back