• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Didn’t set import “Organize” correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimothyHansen

Lightroom Version Number
Classic 6.14
Operating System
I imported a large group of photos shot over several days. I failed to set the Organize By Date and instead it went to a single folder.
Is there a way (in Light Room Classic) to create the date folders and move the photos to the corresponding and correct date labeled folder?
I’m hopeful I won’t have to manually create new folders and then move them.
Any help will be very appreciated.

Unfortunately you can only do that manually. An alternative would be to delete them from Lr and Import them the way you wanted to.

If you've done any work on them, first select them and do a Cmd S to save that work back to the photos, then remove and reimport.

If you've done any work on them, first select them and do a Cmd S to save that work back to the photos, then remove and reimport.
Good point, although that'll only work if the import is from the (wrong) location they are currently in... (so the single folder) - just thought I'd mention in case this is an import from SD card for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back