Did Adobe overlook fixing the Publish module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_bass5

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Two things i had happening in the rc are still bugging me in the final release.

If i make any adjustments to a published (facebook and flickr) image LR wants to republish tihs. I can understand this, but if i dont want it to i have to click twice on the image to get it to be marked as up to date. In the past with version 4 it took just the one click.
If i do allow it to upload the new version it adds it as a new image, and doesn't update the already published one.
This has been driving me crazy since 5 came out.

Am i the only one with this issue?

Thanks for any help

Dave.

The issue with having to do "Mark as Up-to-Date" twice has been reported to Adobe, though I guess they didn't necessarily see it as a major issue. Maybe it'll be fixed in a later dot version.

I don't have a Facebook account, so I can't comment on that. However, I can report that I've had no issues when republishing to my Flickr account. Are you using the standard Lightroom Publish Service, or Jeffrey Friedl's plug-in version?

The issue with having to do "Mark as Up-to-Date" twice has been reported to Adobe, though I guess they didn't necessarily see it as a major issue. Maybe it'll be fixed in a later dot version.

I don't have a Facebook account, so I can't comment on that. However, I can report that I've had no issues when republishing to my Flickr account. Are you using the standard Lightroom Publish Service, or Jeffrey Friedl's plug-in version?
Thanks Jim. Im not to concerned with facebook, as you cant update images anyway, but its really bugging me with Flickr. Im using the built in publish services at the moment, but have used Jeffery's plug-ins in the past.

I wonder if the Flickr images that aren't being updated are ones that were first uploaded using Jeffrey's plug-in? If so, that may be causing the issue. Just a thought....

Good theory but no, it's not that.
I've not used his plug-in since going to LR5. In fact earlier today I deleted the Flickr plug-in and created a new one, just to see if that helped. I even used a new image but nothing seems to help.

Thanks anyway.

Do you always publish to the Photostream? I've never done that, I've always setup individual photosets, which then upload during publish into individual Flickr sets. Don't know if that makes a difference.....

Sorry, yes, thats what i do as well. I have a few sets (London, People etc) but it seems to be the same for all of them.
I have a feeling Flickr is seeing the image as a new image, maybe based on metadata (just a guess).

Ah, i think ive had a break through. I just created a brand new set and this is working ok.
Maybe my existing sets have somehow got corrupt.
Ill delete an existing set and recreate it, maybe that will fix it.

Thanks for the help and guidance.

Dave.

OK, let us know if that works.....

It did indeed work. I transferred all the images to a new set, deleted the first one and recreated the first set again and all is wonderful again lol.

One interesting thing is i also just tired with LR4.4 and that was still working ok with the original set so i dont think its all down to flickr, but at least i know how to fix it.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back