• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! As well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes, Lightroom Classic has a new local Hue tool, improved ISO-specific defaults, performance improvements and more. The Lightroom cloud ecosystem also gets local Hue, as well as Versions, Activity notifications, text watermarking and the ability to upload your own Discovery tutorials. Here are the full updates about Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom cloud ecosystem.

Develop sliders sticky in 9.3!

Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic version: 9.3
Operating System
Windows 10
9.3 is supposed to make the develop sliders more responsive. I'm finding the opposite, at times. I have a fast PC and SSD disk and previously this was very slick. Now when I drag the sliders (shadows and texture in particular) nothing changes until 2 or 3 seconds after releasing the mouse. Also while dragging I am getting large rectangular flashing boxes appearing at random on the screen. Any one else seen this?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Have you checked your graphics card driver is up to date direct from the manufacturer? That's the usual suspect.

Thanks for that. The driver was 9 months out of date, but ONLY 9 months and it's a fast new video card anyway. Updating the driver seems to have fixed the stickiness problem and all was well for a week. Now on occasions there are random rectangular blocks of white on an image in Develop mode, following a string of adjustments. These stay on the screen, not flashing as before! I have to undo the last change to get rid of it and then redo it. Something under the hood is strugglng to keeping up, I think, and not quite finishing its queue of changes. Maybe this relates to performance issues that other posts have noted?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
White blocks would still point to issues with the graphics card driver. In Preferences > Performance, what's the GPU pop-up set to? Does it say it's doing basic or full acceleration? You could try changing that.

Also, there are reports of issues between graphics drivers and Windows Insider Preview builds causing crashes at the moment, could be a good thing to rule out.

Well, the video card manufacturer has just released yet another driver update! I have installed that and now I no longer get the white boxes. Instead I got the occasional flashing psychedelic boxes that I originally saw. The sliders are no longer sticky though.

As for GPU, I looked at this next as per your suggestion. It was set to Automatic and said it was using GPU, no details as to full or basic acceleration. I changed to Manual and that was set to display only, forcing Basic. I ticked the box for image processing which forced it into Full acceleration. I think that could explain the problem, as I only saw the flashing when dragging sliders, so thanks for that tip. Unfortunately I have still seen the occasional flashing box, though perhaps not as much.

So, in the last 2 weeks I've had a major Windows 10 upgrade, plus a Lightroom release that delivers performance improvements, plus 2 video driver updates. There are way too many changes happening at the same time here, no wonder there are glitches! And no wonder the drivers are having to be updated so much. Ho hum. I think this is going to take some time (and more updates) to settle down.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Yeah, the fact that the driver update partially fixed it means hopefully another driver update will finish the job.