Develop photos remotely using "Back to My Mac", Screen share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticker

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I want to use my Mackbook laptop to edit photos in Lightroom CC on my iMac desktop (both have version: OS X El Capitan 10.11).
I am using "Back To My Mac" feature along with "Screen Sharing" to do that. Works well but strangely I am unable to perform some Lightroom functions this way. For example: I want the computer to select the ideal Whites and Blacks under "Treatment". To do so I would press "Shift" key and double click "Whites". I am unable to do that function remotely using Screen Sharing. Loosing such functionality makes the whole screen sharing process useless. Any suggestions?

I want to use my Mackbook laptop to edit photos in Lightroom CC on my iMac desktop (both have version: OS X El Capitan 10.11).
I am using "Back To My Mac" feature along with "Screen Sharing" to do that. Works well but strangely I am unable to perform some Lightroom functions this way. For example: I want the computer to select the ideal Whites and Blacks under "Treatment". To do so I would press "Shift" key and double click "Whites". I am unable to do that function remotely using Screen Sharing. Loosing such functionality makes the whole screen sharing process useless. Any suggestions?

As a suggestion, sometimes the host OS intercepts commands and does not deliver them to the remote machine. Is a shift-double-click such a command?

Yeah, I can't imagine that would work too well, and wouldn't be color-accurate either. There are other options for editing on your MacBook though... what are you trying to achieve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back