• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Develop mode - want my photos to stay in order

Status
Not open for further replies.

grdnangl313

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Mac ElCapitan
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): LR 6.10.0

'm in Develop mode and editing my photos. I can't find the box to check now so that all my photos stay in the same order I took them - even when editing them.

Now when I edit them the edited version goes to the end of all my photos. I used to be able to check a box to keep them in order but I cannot find it now. I'm sure its a real easy fix, just can't find out how to do it anymore. Thanks!!

You need to toggle the Tool Bar using the "T" hot key. When the Tool Bar is showing choose the "Sort" option to "Sort by Capture Time"

I swear it used to be on the bottom and now I cannot find it. From bottom left tI have the flags, the stars, then the 'soft proofing' with a box. It used to be there?

If you're in the develop module, then you only see one photo. That means that there is no sorting option in the toolbar, for obvious reasons. You have to make sure that the filmstrip is shown. The sort order is in there.

I waas i stee Develop mode, but went back to the Library and now I found the sorting option. DUH!! Thanks for helping me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back