• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Develop - Before and After revert settings bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Develop module.

Make develop changes.

Click on 'Cycle beteen before and after view' (Choose any of the 4 options), normal behaviour.

Change the option to any other option and the image is reverted to the original unedited RAW file (multiple combinations of initial choice and subsequesnt choice produces same affect).

"Revert Settings" appears in the history.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Brad, could you clarify which of the '4 options' you are referring to. There are 4 options under the 'Cycle between....' button as per this screenshot:

Capture.PNG

When I cycle through these everything works as expected. However, as soon as I click on this first button then 3 other buttons appear (so making 4 buttons)...the first of which is this one:

Capture2.PNG

Now, I confess I don't get the point of these additional buttons, but the first one copies 'before' settings to 'after'.....in other words it effectively resets the settings back to import....and when I choose it 'Revert Settings' does indeed appear in the edit history. But that's kind of expected, yes?

So, are you actually getting this 'Revert Settings' event under different (unexpected) circumstances?

Doesn't matter which one I select first. Any of my first selections will produce the desired result (image 1). However, if i choose to cycle thru to a different selection, "revert image occurs" (image 2)

before and after 1.JPGbefore and after 2.JPGrevert.JPG

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Well, I've tried everything I can think of to replicate the problem, but just can't. Everything works as expected when I cycle through the four split displays, the only button that causes the 'revert settings' is the one that's supposed to that I highlighted earlier.

Tried it on Win7 32bit and 64bit with no difference, and tried different file types (Raw, Jpeg, Tiff)...no difference.

Time to try resetting the preferences file?

Status
Not open for further replies.