philwb

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
Hi all,
This is something which has only just today occurred, after years of usage with no similar issue.
When I tried to import some images from my SD card, my usual destination folders seem to have disappeared except for some recent folders, unnamed and dated instead.
Please see screenshots attached. As you can see, the folders are still there in Finder.
Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.
Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 3.10.17 pm.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 3.10.50 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 3.10.17 pm.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 3.10.50 pm.jpg

Sorry about double posting of screenshots. First post to this forum, still getting used to it.

It's in italics, which means it doesn't yet exist but will be created by the import process (clearly the import is set to organize by date, using the "yyyy/month dd" format. But that's not really the issue, the issue is that all those folders which DO exist on the drive are not shown below those dated sub-folders.

Try collapsing and exanding the Pictures folder by clicking on the triangle in front of it. Does that work?
Thanks Johan. Already tried this but it didn’t work Did solve it eventually by restarting Mac. Obvious but don’t know why I didn’t think of it. Still concerned about how it happened. Was heart in mouth moment until I checked Finder.

It's in italics, which means it doesn't yet exist but will be created by the import process (clearly the import is set to organize by date, using the "yyyy/month dd" format. But that's not really the issue, the issue is that all those folders which DO exist on the drive are not shown below those dated sub-folders.
Thanks Jim. My concerns exactly. Don’t want it to happen again, even though I solved the issue for now by restarting Mac (as in reply to Johan’s post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back