• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Sync Deletions from synced collection don't propagate to cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

prbimages

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have a shared synced collection which I created some time ago and decided to revisit recently. I deleted several photos from the collection using LR Classic. However, when I checked online (using both the Cloudy app and the web app), the deletions were not reflected there - the "deleted" photos are still showing as they were previously. There are no sync errors or ongoing sync activity shown. I tried a couple more photo removals, with the same (non-)result.

I then tried the same thing on a different shared synced collection, and it worked as expected (i.e. the photos were removed from the online collection). So it seems that only the first collection is giving me the problem.

Any idea what might be going on here?

"deleted from the collection using LR Classic".....did you mean removed from the collection (you can't delete directly from a collection unless using the special keyboard combination) or deleted from Classic from the folder? If you simply removed them from the collection, that does not necessarily remove them from the cloud, instead you should see this message (unless you've previously checked the "Don't show again" box):
Screenshot_10_04_2020__08_54.png

However, although they may still be showing in All Photos in the "cloudy" apps, that should still have removed them from the synced collection/album.....so if they are definitely still in the album in cloudy then something else is happening, which I've not encountered before. I can't at the moment think of a circumstance that would allow that to happen.

Yes, I removed from the collection in Classic. So I expect the removal to be mirrored in the online collection/album, but nothing happens - the online collection/album remains as before. Also, as I mentioned, this only occurs with one particular collection; when I tried to reproduce it using a different collection, it worked as expected, i.e. the removal was mirrored online. So yes, definitely weird.

Are the images still in the "All Synced Photographs" collection in Classic? Assuming they are, try removing a couple (which should delete them from the cloud) to see if that does update the album in the cloud.

I might be inclined to just create a copy of the problem collection and remove the weird one.

Thanks Jim ... Yes, the images are in the "All Synced Photographs" collection, but I'd prefer not to remove them from there because that would remove them from other collections/albums in which they reside, and I'd have to manually put them back later.

Thanks Victoria, yes I think that's what I will do. Doesn't explain the problem, but will (hopefully) work around it.

Doesn't explain the problem, but will (hopefully) work around it.
LOL yes, I've learned that sometimes mysteries aren't worth the time and the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back