• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Deleting unflagged photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

marnow

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System:
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):

Trying to clean up my disk and remove some junk photos, it works except it also deletes my photos from sub-folders like exports folder with exported photos...

How to stop this and just remove images from particular folder not from sub-folders as well? I would like to keep what is exported in jpg.

Thanks
Mario

Last edited:
Could you give us more details about what you're trying to do and how you do it, as well as the LR version.

You're title says "unflagged photos". What do you mean by that ? Are you using the flag "picked/neutral/rejected" ? If so, you can delete all photo marked as rejected at once by going to the menu "Photos>Delete rejected photos". If your jpeg are not marked as "Rejected" they won't be deleted.

If you are doing otherwise, explain it to us.

Well it is simple, I pick my photos by tagging them (P) then filter by Flagged, post process and export to subfolder. Main folder is Team1vsTeam2 and subfolder export_jpg_hr....the photos in export subfolders are untagged, just final product.

After all I'm trying to delete the "untagged" photos so I go to Library module select Edit > Select by Flag > UnFlagged, then remove the selected photos. The issue is that the option selects images from the current folders as well as all "unflagged" photos in subfolders, my exports, going recursively down. I don't want that. I want to delete the RAW originals from the main folder and keep the exports jpgs in subfolders.

Most recent version of LR CC.

Library->Show Photos in Subfolders menu item.

Yes, but it also keeps you from seeing the unflagged photos in the subdirectories.

Uncheck that menu item.Then In grid view in the top folder, show all the unflagged photos, select them all with Ctrl-A and hit the delete key. Wouldn't that work to do what you want?

It does not work in my case, I have multiple sub-folders structure e.g.

Photos > Sports > School > Sport > Year
> Wildlife > Africa > mammals

When I unchecked it I see "0" in every sub-folder except the top one.

You'd better show a screenshot of the Folders panel with that item checked and a screenshot of the same panel with it unchecked

Option checked

upload_2018-1-13_13-15-18.png

Unchecked

upload_2018-1-13_13-15-39.png

That's what I'd expect to see. Look ad Berk-Fernbball. With that item checked it shows 928 images. Without it checked, it has 750. Those 750 are in Berk-Fernbball itself and the rest are in its sub-folders. The numbers add up. So if you uncheck that item and select that folder and go to Grid View, you'll only see the images that are actually in that folder, none of the images that are in its subfolders. At that point you can choose all the unpicked entries and delete them. Isn't that what you want to do?

Thank you guys! Hal, you are correct, I did not know that number add up depends where you are...so with your help I was able to select the folder what I want, Refine Photos then Delete Rejected Photos, it works great! I was able to eliminate the "junk photos"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back