• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Deleting photos on Mac - Arrow key doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightma

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I recently switched from Windows to Mac and noticed that I can't use the arrow keys to choose 'Delete from disk'. Is there any way I can select 'delete from disk' confirmation after clicking delete? Note that I like the delete confirmation I just don't want to use my mouse.

You can use the TAB key to go through buttons in a dialog box.

On Windows, you can also hit "D" for delete or "R" for remove. I don't have a Mac so not sure if the same thing applies there ...

Both tab and d don’t work for me on Mac. I’m using High Sierra MacOS. Is it working for anyone on that MacOS?

Well, it turns out there is an inconsistency. Tabbing does show the buttons getting highlighted one by one, but if you press 'Enter' the default button is still the one that gets activated (probably because that button is hardwired to this key). You have to hit the spacebar to activate the button you've selected with the tab key. I tried it and that works, also in High Sierra.

Well, it turns out there is an inconsistency. Tabbing does show the buttons getting highlighted one by one, but if you press 'Enter' the default button is still the one that gets activated (probably because that button is hardwired to this key). You have to hit the spacebar to activate the button you've selected with the tab key. I tried it and that works, also in High Sierra.
Tabbing doesn’t show up as highlighted nor does space bar work either. I’m using the LR cloud version. As I’m new to macs I have no idea why this could be happening. Anyone else have this issue?

Maybe you don't see the highlight even though it's there? You can set the color and the intensity in the Mac System Preferences, under General. Set the color to blue if you are using Graphite now, perhaps that helps.

Lightroom.jpg

By the way, this is not a Lightroom issue, it's a MacOS X issue. The tab/space bar key should work in all dialogs, no matter what application you are using. That's because the dialogs are drawn by the OS, unless you use an application written in Java or something like that.

Interestingly, I'm not able to tab between the various options in that dialog, and the space bar also doesn't do anything. I guess it's a system preference that I've not got set correctly.

Thanks, Johan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back