• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Deleting photos in Download folder on import

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmargolis

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Previously when importing photos into LR Classic from Photos from iCloud, after import, the photos in the Download folder on my hard disk were moved and therefore no longer in the Download folder. Some setting must have changed because I am using Move in LR, not Copy, however the photos remain in the Download folder. Please help me find the preference that must have changed. Thanks.

In in the Lightroom Import dialog, you are using "Move" and a copy of the file remains in the Download Folder, you may have the permissions on that folder set to Read Only.

Also, it could be a security issue with Big Sur. In system Preferences under the Security and Privacy applet, Make sure that the Lightroom App has permissions and full access to the Downloads folder.

Is it possible that you choose the option to Add, instead of move or copy.
LrC will return you to the previous import option used.
Just a thought.
I thought about that and checked it more than once. That's my dilemma.

In in the Lightroom Import dialog, you are using "Move" and a copy of the file remains in the Download Folder, you may have the permissions on that folder set to Read Only.

Also, it could be a security issue with Big Sur. In system Preferences under the Security and Privacy applet, Make sure that the Lightroom App has permissions and full access to the Downloads folder.
I checked and the Downloads folder isn't locked. Until recently the photos in the Download folder were moved so when the import is complete, the folder was empty. It changed so I thought it must be a setting that I am unaware of changing.

Cletus didn't say the Downloads folder might be locked, but it's possible that Lightroom does not have enough permissions for it. Check this:
catalinasecurity.png

Thanks. I didn't know this security existed. I did check mine and they are all checked. Oddly, even though I haven't changed anything, the last 3 download folders are empty after the move. Mysterious. Hope it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back