• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! No new features in the mid-April release, but new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. Here's the usual list

Deleting identity plates

Richard Behan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
I often write identity plates specific to a single print (think titling a poster). I have "saved" a lot of them, but now would like to remove most of them.
How do you delete an identity plate?

Thanks

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
To delete them from the Identity Plate editor within Lightroom-

Select the IP to edit/delete from the drop-down menu, so it appears in the field, (my example "My PHOTOS" )
ScreenShot205.jpg

Click the Drop-down menu again and at the end of the list is [Remove]
ScreenShot206.jpg

Richard Behan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
I-See-Light, thanks so much, but in my LR6.14 the Identity Plate Editor looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 9.54.49 PM.png

I don't see a drop down menu. When clicking on that box marked "Custom," I see all the IP's listed, but no way to remove one. (Either left- or right-clicking on a listed IP simply selects it to be edited.)

Thanks again, but so far no cigar.

Cheers.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
"When clicking on that box marked "Custom," I see all the IP's listed, but no way to remove one"
Yes, first [left-click] select one you want to delete as if to edit it. The name of the IP to delete will be in the name field. But then click the drop-down menu again, and this time you should see the [Remove] option at the bottom of the list.
I do not think the dialog has changed much between v6 and v9.

This requirement to open a drop-down menu twice has tricked many people over the years. (commonly when creating external editor presets)

ScreenShot208.jpg

Richard Behan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
I really appreciate your patience here, but my Identity Plate Editor screen does look vastly different from yours. I simply do not see any "drop down menu" on mine.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
It might be worth trying to reset the preferences. I've just checked as far back as LR5 and the Identity Plate Editor is the same throughout the versions, so the fact that yours looks different would tend to suggest that something is messed up. How do I reset Lightroom's Preferences? | The Lightroom Queen

Richard Behan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Sure, Hal. I think I attached one to an earlier message, but if not, here it is again:

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 3.03.46 PM.png

Thanks for your help, sir.

Richard Behan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Hi, Jim,
Another promising suggestion. I did the reset, though, and nothing has changed. The Identity Plate Editor screen looks just the same. (Full disclosure, which may or may not help: the first version of LR I purchased was LR4. After that I did the free upgrades from Adobe--until they stopped that fine service. But my original version was 4: just maybe the IP Editor screen is unchanged since then. (A long shot, but may help your diagnosis.). Thanks much.

Richard Behan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Johan, much obliged. Worked like a charm.

So thank you all, from Canada, the UK, and the Netherlands. A warm example of international cooperation. Lightroomers are indeed an exemplary community.

tmetaksa

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
When I go to the Identity plate within Lightroom. There are two boxes next to the words Identity plate: The first box has three choices: Adobe ID, Lightroom Classic and Personalized. The Second box has a listing of Custom then a drop down list of several of my identity plates I use for printing, then Save As and Remove. I want to edit an Identity plate and can not find where it is located. Can anyone help me?

tmetaksa

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Yes, Philippe, that may be true but there is no easy way to find it. I am looking for the original so I can change something in the image.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Yes, Philippe, that may be true but there is no easy way to find it. I am looking for the original so I can change something in the image.
You edit existing Identity Plates from the same dropdown box where you choose raw stored plate If you change an existing plate the listbox becomes "Custom" with an option to "Save As". If you remove an Identity Plate (last item in the same dropdown) the Dropdown list box reverts to Custom and your 2 editable fields remain as before.