• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Deleting folders

Kinross

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi. I am trying to delete unwanted empty folders from the import destination panel in LR 6. I seem unable to do so.
If I right click on empty folder it allows me to create new folder but no delete prompt.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Mike.

Kinross

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Thank you for reply. Sorry to be thick, but where do I find the explorer panel in finder on my IMac. It is one I have not come across.
Thanks. Mike.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Depending on your Operations system you have one of two file browser apps With Windows, it is Explorer, On your Mac it is called Finder. Here we use the shortcut "Finder/Explorer" to handle questions of your nature in a way that users of either operation system can understand.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Thank you for reply. Sorry to be thick, but where do I find the explorer panel in finder on my IMac. It is one I have not come across.
Thanks. Mike.
There is no Explorer panel. Clee's answer was for Mac and for Windows users. Mac users need to use the Finder to delete folders from their disks, Windows users use Windows Explorer for that purpose.

Like Cletus said: the Lightroom import dialog just shows you the real folders on your disk in the destination panel. If you see unwanted empty folders in there, then you should not try to delete them from within Lightroom but in the Finder.

Kinross

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
I will get a friend to come round who is more familiar with IMac. I go into applications and Lightroom has a folder. I can only open LR with it. No way into individual files. Obviously not doing something right or looking in correct place. Thanks for trying to help.
Mike.

Kinross

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Made it. I was expecting to find a list of all LR files and would select the ones I wished to delete. I now realise that I should put each file in search and delete one at a time. It works so that is good enough for me.
Thanks for help.
Mike.