Deleted my mobile catalogue. How do I get it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenchy

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version
LR CC Classic and Mobile LR CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
  2. iOS
Can some one direct me to the answer if it's already posted? Heres my problem:

I work in LR Classic CC on my laptop and LR CC on my phone and I sync the ones I'm currently working on. Today I accidentally deleted all the photos in one of the mobile catalogues. On the Laptop the shots are still in the catalogue. I quickly turned off sync so the mobile wont sync back and delete them from the Laptop LR CC Classic. SO theres the question: How do I recover the deleted shots on Mobile OR is there a way to sync them back to the mobile without the cloud updating back to my laptop first?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Images that are deleted from mobile, are not deleted from Lr Classic. They are only removed from the synced collection(s).

kenchy

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Anything I do on mobile syncs back to LR CC Classic. I just don't want to do all the editing all over again!

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
It all depends on the sequence. If you synced Classic before you inadvertently deleted the images from LRCC, then the edits will have been applied in the Classic catalog and you'll be sort of OK. The subsequent deletion in LRCC will also sync down to Classic, but that does NOT delete the files from Classic, it only "unsyncs" them. So they'll still be in the Classic catalog, complete with whatever edits you applied in LRCC before the deletion.

However, if you did NOT sync the edits down to Classic before you deleted the images from LRCC then I suspect you will have lost those edits, as I doubt that LRCC will retain those edits in the cloud after the files have been deleted. So when you then sync Classic the unedited files will simply be "unsynced" without those edits being applied. That's my best guess, as it's not a scenario I have tested.

kenchy

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Thanks Jim. I just stopped it from syncing back to CC Classic. I just finished my edits and output them. I guess I'll just make sure to not sync that collection again.

Status
Not open for further replies.