Deleted iPhone photos keep reappearing for LR import on iMac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara1

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I import my iPhone photos directly from phone to iMac, then into Lightroom 4.4. After culling and deleting unwanted photos in LR, and removing them in Trash, they somehow reappear on my hard drive to be imported into LR again. iCloud Drive is not activated on my iMac. None of these are checked/activated on my iMac: iCloud Photo Library, My Photo Stream, iCloud Photo Sharing. I do have Photo Stream turned on on my iPhone and iPad. I can't figure out why photos I import into LR, delete within LR, and Trash, keep reappearing. It seems to only happen with photos from iPhone! Any help appreciated!

If you do not delete these photos from the iPhone, they will get imported the next time you connect the iPhone. And LR will pick them up as new files again.
The iCloud folder is not the same storage as you iCloud Photostream. If you are running one of the Apple Photo apps (iPhoto.app or Photos.app), that app will automatically suck down the Photostream photos

There is an app called Photostream2Folder that will intercept the iPhone Photos putting them into a watched folder where LR can automatically import them

Thanks, Cletus, for your reply!
In LR I am deleting photos that I previous downloaded from iPhone and brought into LR. After deleting, they appear in Trash, which I empty. But they won't leave my hard drive on the iMac!
I can delete jpgs and raw files I've downloaded from my Canon DSLR and from other cameras. I cannot seem to get iPhone photos off of my computer. I'm not reconnecting my iPhone for downloads, if that helps.

Thanks, Cletus, for your reply!
In LR I am deleting photos that I previous downloaded from iPhone and brought into LR. After deleting, they appear in Trash, which I empty. But they won't leave my hard drive on the iMac!
I can delete jpgs and raw files I've downloaded from my Canon DSLR and from other cameras. I cannot seem to get iPhone photos off of my computer. I'm not reconnecting my iPhone for downloads, if that helps.
I can think of nothing else that would cause this situation. Are the iPhone photos also cataloged in the iPhoto/Photos app? If they are, you might try removing them from the computer using that app. It might be possible that the iPhoto/Photos app has made the files Read Only.
Using "Get Info" on one of the image files would let you know if the permissions are preventing you from deleting the files.

If you want to delete photos from iPhone without recovery, you can try iPhone Data Eraser tool. It can directly erase contacts, text messages, photos, call history, password, account info, etc from iPhone easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back