• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Delete photos flagged as Reject (X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfkeating3

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
V9.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Lightroom version is 9.1 and operation system Mojave. When view recently imported photos into lightroom I flag photos that are not keepers with X. When done I go to Photos and at bottom I selected Delete Rejected Photos and then select to have them removed from disk. Recently I went through this process and when I selected Delete Rejected Photos I get a notice that there are no photos to delete. Is this common and how is it fixed? Thank you

Make sure that your Library view is in the "All Photographs" Special Collection in the catalog panel before selecting Delete Rejected Photos. You can verify that there are rejected photos by using the filter bar to isolate the rejected photos before selecting Delete Rejected Photos if you want to make sure what images will actually be rejected.

Did you select the ‘All Photographs’ collection first? I believe that Lightroom will only look for rejected photos in the collection or folder that is currently selected, so if there are no rejected photos in that collection/folder then that is what you would expect.

Did you select the ‘All Photographs’ collection first? I believe that Lightroom will only look for rejected photos in the collection or folder that is currently selected, so if there are no rejected photos in that collection/folder then that is what you would expect.
To add to what Johan wrote, LIghtroom will not delete rejected folders in a user-defined collection or smart collection. You can also delete rejected photos from a folder selected under the Folders heading on the left side panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back