• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Delete Photo Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

N+13

Chuck N+13
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 10.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
In the middle of a late night editing session, I could no longer delete photos; not with delete key or menu / remove photo. Nothing happens, no message. Rebooted computer and LR, the problem was not fixed. Checked Windows Explorer and "Read only" is NOT set. Rebooted everything again, no joy. I am Windows 10 / LR Classic 10.0. Thoughts, anyone?
N+13

Do a reset of your Preferences file. That often fixes these strange 'glitches' that happen.
(A re-boot does not reset Preferences)
Preferences Reset

Hi Light,
There was a movie with a less benign ending.

I hoped you were right but alas, no. If you meant "Restart Lightroom Classic" button within Preferences, I tried it and nothing changed. I looked at all the tabs and did not see any more resets. Did I get this right?

Anyone else have a suggestion?

N+13

prbimages,
You got that right - I did not look at the link which leads to something different from what I did.

I followed the instructions, which I found accurate in detail and the pointed-to file was deleted. After rebooting the computer, the problem remains.

I'm beginning to worry. Do you have another idea? Anyone else?
N+13

Hi +13, back again.
You have tried the Preferences Reset, You have re-booted the computer.
My next suggestion is a bit more extensive, and that is-
1) Backup your Catalogs.
2) Run the program ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD CLEANER TOOL (see link) to totally 'Clean' all Adobe software and related 'stuff' from you computer. (Does not remove Catalogs or image files).
3) Re-install the ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD DESKTOP APP
4) Use the DESKTOP APP to Sign-In and re-install your Adobe programs. (LrC 10, Photoshop, etc, included in your subscription)
5) [Double-click] your Catalog ?????.LRCAT to open it.
Try the [Delete] functions again. If still not working, I am totally 'lost' :( .

Some links-
CLEANER TOOL LINK
Download Creative Cloud desktop app

Light,
Before I saw this, Adobe Support built me a new catalog and ported my library. It fixed the problem.

Thank you for sticking with me and bringing up this solution that might help someone else.
N+13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back