• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Delete from Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

creativewombat

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 10.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
  2. macOS 11 Big Sur
I think I may of stumbled on something that's plagued me for years. I was always finding files that I deleted and duplicates that seemed impossible. I've realized through this new install, that "Delete from Disk" simply isn't working. The files will leave the LRC Catalogue but remain on the system disk. I"ve done a bunch of experiments and the most reliable of these ( Photo > Delete Rejected Photos ) only seems to delete the selected photo, and only from the catalogue - not the entirety from the disk.

To be clear if you simply reject a photo, and go Photo > Delete Rejected Photos and then "Delete from Disk" on the dialogue box, they remain on disk. This is at the file level and the folder level.

I work on external drives, permissions are fine and LRC has full disk and file/folder access. Drives have plenty of space, USBC externals formatted MacOS Journaled.

Anyone ?

Works fine here on Win 10. Are you having the problem on both platforms (you list win 7 and MacOS) or just Mac?

I don't believe Lightroom Classic v10 is supported on Win 7. It is supported on Big Sur and there are no issues but you must grant access to files and folders for Lightroom Classic in the MacOS Preferences "Security & Privacy" I suspect that you did not make this change to permit Lightroom Classic access to Removable Volumes and Network Volumes.

I don't believe Lightroom Classic v10 is supported on Win 7. It is supported on Big Sur and there are no issues but you must grant access to files and folders for Lightroom Classic in the MacOS Preferences "Security & Privacy" I suspect that you did not make this change to permit Lightroom Classic access to Removable Volumes and Network Volumes.

LRC has full disk and folder permissions through OS.
I am only on MacOS - not sure why that posted. Sorry - I'm new to the board.

ok, so interesting development.
i don't want to jinx this but after researching this all night I started to find a connection between system trash and the EHDs. LRC doesn't have a whole lot of messaging in terms of errors, particularly on the system side.
Long story short, I went in and cleared out my trash ( empty ) and relaunched LRC.
The Rejected photos are now being deleted and taken off disk, and show up in the trash.

Not sure if this is the solve but thought I'd post it up.

BTW
Brand new MacMini, new 10T USBC drives with plenty of room everywhere. Sounds like a LRC glitch that needs watching ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back