• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Delete and start over

jamesroy

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I made some mistakes setting up my library and I want to start over. How do I do that when I can't even find that library to delete. I want to make a library on a separate hard drive where my Aperture lib is and I want to import the Aperture lib to make a Lightroom lib. Thanks

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
If by "library" you mean "catalog", open Lightroom and on the menu bar go to Lightroom>Catalog Settings>General tab, which will reveal the name and location of your current catalog. You can close Lightroom and move that catalog (together with the associated "catalogname Previews.lrdata" package) to a new location of your choice (anywhere except a network drive is OK), then double-click on the relocated catalog to launch Lightroom.

Or if you really want to "start over", simply do File>New Catalog from inside Lightroom, and create the new catalog in the location of your choosing.