Delay/threshold when moving sliders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy

Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Has anyone else noticed a, more like a threshold, when moving any sliders? As if the amount you move it has to be over a certain amount for them to start moving and registering. It used to be that they immediately registered changes.
... Even holding the mouse button while still for a bit in case there is simple lag involved doesn't help.. It always seem to take over a certain amount of moving to begin registering and showing changes.

I can't remember exactly when it started happening but I think it's been a while - since maybe the 6.1 update at least, I'm thinking.. Possibly before. (and likely since before the windows 10 update)

Last edited:
Hmm.. I didn't think to check the difference before. Indeed here too it's ok with mouse, but has issues with my Intuos Pro Small.

(I was just saying 'mouse' to [possibly] present the issues clearer.)

At least I have an area to start looking into now.. With Win7, I disabled the 'tablet pc' service (for other issues).. With Win10, I don't see it, but it may be called 'touch keyboard and handwriting panel service'. I tried disabling that like I did with Win7, and even rebooted - but the problem with the Intuos still persists. .... Guess I'll have to check further.

Has anybody else found a solution?

Try this: go to your Wacom properties and choose your Tablet, then under Tool select your pen you use, and under Application select All. Then navigate to the Mapping tab. Now, At the bottom-left corner uncheck the checkbox marked Use Windows Ink. Close the Wacom Tablet Properties application.

It worked for me,
Cliff

Well, the above seems to have solved one problem and created another. Unchecking that apparently kills the pen pressure for Photoshop.

But that does show us that the problem is somewhere in that Wacom driver.

That's a very useful detail, thanks!

Thanks! Works here too. I was able to add it as application specific for LR for both pens (grip & classic).
I don't yet know how it affects pressure sensitivity in LR, but I think that might be a bit more important for PS. Supposedly some bug regarding pressure sensitivity was just squashed in LR recently.

I'm also not so sure if that narrows down the problem to the Wacom driver. Just that this is a way to work around it. To me it's still up in air between Windows/Wacom/Adobe - and likely a combo, as various issues have been surrounding it since at least Windows 7. Maybe some decade they'll resolve it. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back