• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Delay in posting to Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Little

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I post photos to Flickr using LR. I've done so for many years, and most likely I set up the connection to Flickr using the instructions in whatever was the latest version of Victoria's book at the time. It seems that posting is taking a lot longer lately, and that some invisible process is responsible. There is the statement "Updating published collections" at the upper left, and a long time passes (30-60 seconds perhaps) before the actual photo starts being sent, as evidence by the progress bar at upper left and the green progress bar on the LR icon on the Windows taskbar. What's happening during this delay, and what can I do to prevent it? If LR is downloading comments from the Flickr account, I'm not interested in doing that, at least not every single time I post a photo. If it's relevant, I only started posting RAW files about two years ago, and the Flickr collection has 923 photos.

The plugin will have to negotiate a connection. That will take some time. And then it will have to prepare your image(s) for export, because that is essentially what happens; an export of one or more derivative images. I don’t think there is anything you can do to prevent it. You’ll have to wait out this extremely long time. :)

Thanks, Johan, that's probably what's happening. I don't actually mind the time, but I don't recall it being so long in the past and wondered what might have changed. Perhaps it takes longer to process a RAW file. Who knows, maybe it's on the Flickr side; that site is often slow and just underwent a big migration, from which the dust is evidently still settling.

You might want to check the parameters on the Publish Service. As you are now capturing RAW images, if the Pub Srv settings are set to send full size JPG's, these may be larger than they had been before (perhaps but not necessarily) if they are much larger it will send the large file to Facebook which Facebook in turn will downsize to whatever its current size limits are. You may want to set the PS settings to limit the size of the files for Facebook to be more in line with the maximums Facebook will use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back