• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Dehaze slider missing with DNG file(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadporter

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC 9.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am using Lightroom Classic CC 9.4, Camera RAW 12.4. When I open a file from Lightroom ~3-4(circa 2007), that is a DNG file, the Dehaze Slider is missing. If I import a file in the
current LR and copy as a DNG, the dehaze slider is there, as usual. When the old file is being loaded, I can see the dehaze slider showing, but a bit further into the load, the slider disappears.

What's happening, and can it be fixed? Thanks for anyone's help!! Can't find an answer while searching anywhere, in this context.

It should be fixable. It’s probably because Dehaze is only supported on recent Process Versions (version of the process used to develop the raw data), so if the files are many years old they were probably still on whatever Process Version was the latest at the time. The Process Version of a raw image is shown in the Develop module at the top of the Calibration panel, or under Settings > Process Version.

Dehaze and other current options should become available if you update the Process Version. There are many ways to do this.
  • Library module: Choose Photo > Develop Settings > Update to Current Process Version
  • Develop module: Choose Settings > Update to Current Process Version
  • Develop module: Click the lightning bolt icon in the bottom right corner of the Histogram panel
  • Develop module: In the Calibration panel, choose the latest Process Version from the menu at the top of the panel

If multiple images are selected, you can do it in bulk.
In the Library module, choose Library > Find Previous Process Photos to round ’em up.

It should be fixable. It’s probably because Dehaze is only supported on recent Process Versions (version of the process used to develop the raw data), so if the files are many years old they were probably still on whatever Process Version was the latest at the time. The Process Version of a raw image is shown in the Develop module at the top of the Calibration panel, or under Settings > Process Version.

Dehaze and other current options should become available if you update the Process Version. There are many ways to do this.
  • Library module: Choose Photo > Develop Settings > Update to Current Process Version
  • Develop module: Choose Settings > Update to Current Process Version
  • Develop module: Click the lightning bolt icon in the bottom right corner of the Histogram panel
  • Develop module: In the Calibration panel, choose the latest Process Version from the menu at the top of the panel

If multiple images are selected, you can do it in bulk.
In the Library module, choose Library > Find Previous Process Photos to round ’em up.
I agree with the post but have an observation that it’s likely or at least possible you will experiences changes to the final rendered file. Some may require revisting some of the edits.

I agree with that observation. In fact when I open an old raw image, sometimes I don’t like how I edited it with Camera Raw in 2006 or whenever because I wasn’t as good at it back then, or couldn’t fix certain problems with the old toolset, and I will want to start over with current tools. So I click the Reset button, and that also resets the Process Version to the current one.

Okay, I will try the Reset option, from Conrad's suggestion, and, if it doesn't work, I will move to Denis' suggestions. I hadn't edited, or did not do much
editing on them, just catalogged them at the time. The lightning bolt in the Develop module, below the histogram, indicates it is Process Version 3. So, I will update to current version, and see what happens! 10 photos that were selected now have the Dehaze slider active, and they look better! I will now go after all the previous Process Versions of 'old' and see what comes up. Thanks for your help!!

Okay, I will try the Reset option, from Conrad's suggestion, and, if it doesn't work, I will move to Denis' suggestions. I hadn't edited, or did not do much
editing on them, just catalogged them at the time. The lightning bolt in the Develop module, below the histogram, indicates it is Process Version 3. So, I will update to current version, and see what happens! 10 photos that were selected now have the Dehaze slider active, and they look better! I will now go after all the previous Process Versions of 'old' and see what comes up. Thanks for your help!!

The process version dictates which sliders are present All you ever need to do is select a process version that has the Dehaze control available. This may mean that other develop sliders not present in the original process version used will also need some adjusting.

I have always found that I can always improve on an old image by reprocessing with the latest process version.

You can always revert to the last history step before changing process version to return to the original process edits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huh? I don't understand this at all. I have Process Version 5. Beside that it says "Current". But all of a sudden I don't have "Dehaze" or "Texture" slider.

Huh? I don't understand this at all. I have Process Version 5. Beside that it says "Current". But all of a sudden I don't have "Dehaze" or "Texture" slider.
They have moved a few versions ago. They are now in the Develop Module > Basic section.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 7.45.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 7.45.08 PM.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back