• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

dcp. file name does not match in LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Did you turn it off and on again?
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I decided to dust off my ColourChecker and found a video where I could just set up a profile in LR instead of the App itself. In the the Library it comes up the way I named it but not in the Profiles in LR. Anyway to correct this?

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 350
  • Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 289
I have heard about the profile editor. I think I'm having a different issue. It worked properly on my Macbook Air. It actually worked on my IMac but I didn't notice it. It placed it in the upper location - properly named and lower one called untitled. I can't find that one called untitled to get rid of it. The Macbook Air did not create that second one called untitled, just 5D4.

I checked the paths of both system and user libraries on the Air and the profile was in the proper locations - Camera Raw- Camera Profiles.

Here is something new. I don't have a Library under Users - My Name on my iMac. There should be one and I have no idea why it isn' there.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 322
Here is something new. I don't have a Library under Users - My Name on my iMac. There should be one and I have no idea why it isn' there.
Trust me, you do have one. Without it your Mac would not even finish starting up. That folder is hidden by default. Open your Home folder and then select 'View - Show View Options' in the Finder. All the way at the bottom of the info window you will find a checkbox 'Show Library Folder'.

Lightroom.jpg

I think your screenshot shows two different profiles. The '5D4' profile is a .dcp profile located in the CameraRaw/CameraProfiles' folder, while the 'Untitled' one is a new XMP type of profile, located in the 'Settings' folder. In that case you should edit the name with a text editor, not with the Profile Editor.

I still couldn't get my User Library to show on my iMac. Checking and unchecking show Library worked on my laptop but it was already checked. I used to wonder why I had never seen a 3rd Library on the iMac but never really worried about it.

It took hours to find the solution. I got tons of links showing me what you said to do. I figured I must have had a permissions issue. This worked. Thanks for getting it started for me.

Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder

I even tried this - chflags nohidden ~/Library in the terminal as another step to checking the show library box and permission was denied. That led me to look for a permissions issue.

Johan I tried to find the answer online. When I use Finder - Go - Library it opens my user library - correct?

Thanks that explains things. It is hidden via that route but I figured out how to unlock it permanently long ago. Not sure how long it was hidden via the HD route but it not being there I think threw me off with some issues in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back