Day is Wrong in Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jlg84

I have looked for a solution to this problem without success. For some reason, when I import photos into Lightroom 2 from my cameras, the software gets the date right, but assigns the wrong day (ahead by one day) to each date. So, for example, a photograph taken today, Tuesday, 24 August 2'1', is listed in LR2 as being taken on Wednesday, 24 August 2'1' (which is a date that does not exist). What could be causing this??

Hi jlg84, welcome to the forum.

Lightroom shows 3 dates in the metadata for each picture: Date Time Original, Date Time Digitized and Date Time. Is your invaild date showing in all fields or just one or two? If the latter, which?

Does this happen for ALL pictures or just some of them? What format are you importing: RAW or JPEG or RAW+JPEG? Is it a recent problem or has it always been like that?

Kees, yes that was my first thought especially as the OP is in New Zealand....which because of the larger time zone difference to UTC made that part of the world more vulnerable to the date moving forward by one. BUT that was with LR3 only, whereas this is reported as happening on LR2. Perhaps the OP could confirm the exact version of Lightroom being used.

Puzzled by the reference to day of the week in the invalid date, I think the only place you would see that is in the Metadata filter by Date. Maybe it is the same problem but nobody ever noticed or reported this particular corruption in the filter before now.

Well it certainly doesn't sound like the LR3 import date/time problem, so if we have no clear answer perhaps the best (only?) suggestion would be to try the free upgrade to 2.7. Alternatively, just in case it's a catalog corruption of some sort, would it be worth exporting the catalog to a new clean one? Just a thought....

I am also in NZ and running LR2.7 on both desktop and travel laptop, and both of these show correct date (1'/1' for example) but day shows as Monday (tomorrow). Images taken AM and PM have the same result. Camera (IDMKIII and 1'D) are correct, as is the date/time on both computers.

I'm in NZ and mine shows the correct date, I don't see the day at all... the display format is based on your OS settings so make sure they are set correctly etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back