• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Customise Lightroom metadata fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConorM

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi All
I've just joined after reading some excellent advice in the forums and wondered if I could ask for osme help?
I've been using Lightroom for years as a photographed since v2 and use the latest classic version for my images however I also use it for another business as an archive tool. I use the keyword area to track locations of items in the archive and add information about the items but I would like to customise and seperate the information rather than have alot of keywords in the same area. Over time it has become very confusing. I had used seperate fields fo photography like Title, Copy Name etc and I use Caption to record paragraphs of information but I would really like to use those fields and change their master field names to describe how I am using the fields instead of re-mapping them in my head. Is this possible?
I still use v5 for this as we have a few catalogues on a few machines and I don't want to upgrade them all... yet
Any advice much appreciated!
Thanks
Conor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back