• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Print module Custom package good on screen, rotated on print...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell Banks

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I’m trying to print a custom package on 11x17 paper. It looks fine on the screen (screenshot attached) and it’s good if I print to a JPG file, but when I print, the cells are rotated the wrong direction, so some of them run off the side of the paper. (photo attached).

I’ve tried with the Print Settings both at portrait and landscape orientations, but get the same result. I even changed the paper size from 11x17 to 17x11.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 08.17.04.png
IMG_1912.JPG

Next to the 'Print Settings' button, there is a 'Page Setup' button. That is where you need to choose the orientation.
Sorry, Johan. I meant to say I tried both orientations in the "Page Setup" menu (rather than Print Settings, where there are no settings for orientation). And it made no difference. I’ve never had this problem before...

Are the print-to-file JPGs done differently from the printer routines, so they aren’t good indicators of how the images will appear when printed?

Resetting the preferences didn’t help, so I finally gave up and rebuilt the user template from scratch and then it worked fine. I didn’t know you could somehow corrupt a template, but I apparently did! Thanks for helping, Johan.

Regards,
Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back