• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Custom filter on images shot within a few seconds of each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Clulow

Photographer | Retoucher
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi,

First of all im not talking about stacks. I want to color images all shot within a few seconds of each other (Based on meta). Then I want to colour these all a particular color so I can review them via a snyc'd collection later.

Is there a way or via a third party pluggin such as AnyFilter that can do this? I haven't worked out how to do it yet.

Thanks,

So I know you said no stacks, but you could use the auto-stack then use any-filter to find all that are in a stack, and if you don't want the stack after you do whatever you wanted to the group in the stack, then unstack them all?

My Search and Replace lets you filter down to seconds.

Ferguson's suggestion for using Photo > Stacking > Auto-Stack By Capture Time is probably simplest -- stack the photos taken within a few seconds of each other, apply color labels to the photos in each stack, then unstack them. A tip: Shift-click the stacking badge in the upper-left corner of a stack, and that will both expand the stack and select all the photos in it, so you can apply a color label to all of them at once.

You might find these two plugins more helpful for directly grouping bursts of photos: Data Explorer (Part of a high-speed burst sequence) and Bag-O-Goodies (the Find Next Photo Group command).

So I know you said no stacks, but you could use the auto-stack then use any-filter to find all that are in a stack, and if you don't want the stack after you do whatever you wanted to the group in the stack, then unstack them all?

Ferguson's suggestion for using Photo > Stacking > Auto-Stack By Capture Time is probably simplest -- stack the photos taken within a few seconds of each other, apply color labels to the photos in each stack, then unstack them. A tip: Shift-click the stacking badge in the upper-left corner of a stack, and that will both expand the stack and select all the photos in it, so you can apply a color label to all of them at once.

You might find these two plugins more helpful for directly grouping bursts of photos: Data Explorer (Part of a high-speed burst sequence) and Bag-O-Goodies (the Find Next Photo Group command).

Thats great. The only issue I've hit is that once I've used Anyfilter to show all stacked images when I expand them they dont show. The stack icon changes to opened but the images aren't displayed in the results so when colouring them I'm only colouring the first of each stack.

The only issue I've hit is that once I've used Anyfilter to show all stacked images when I expand them they dont show. The stack icon changes to opened but the images aren't displayed in the results so when colouring them I'm only colouring the first of each stack.
That's due to a bad interaction with how Any Filter displays search results. Like LR's built-in filters, Any Filter only searches the visible photos, so photos buried in collapsed stacks won't be part of the search results. You can avoid this by 1) unchecking the Any Filter option Visible Photos Only, or 2) doing the menu command Photo > Stacking > Expand All Stacks.

But I think Data Explorer or Bag-O-Goodies might be a little more useful for this task. (I'm the author of Any Filter, by the way.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back