Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
  2. Windows 10
Just started playing with Canon's Picture Style Editor which allows me to create and save custom Camera Profiles like the Netral, Faithful, Standard, etc that are both in the camera and in Lightroom. If I create a keeper, how do I import it into Lightroom 6.14? Canon saves these in .pf3 format. I could not find an appropriate appdata folder in either LR or Camera Raw though expect thee need to be placed somewhere in there.

Appreciate the direction. A search did not turn up much.

~Bob

I don't think you can Bob. They talk different languages. Adobe's version is the DNG Profile Editor.

Thanks Victoria. I'm a little surprised the camera profiles are DNG in LR. They are the standard Canon picture styles at least by name (neutral, faithful, landscape, etc) so I would think dedicated to the raw image and not a DNG. But perhaps I am missing something? Would be nice to create and add custom profiles there. But, not something I can't live without :)

Thanks Victoria. I'm a little surprised the camera profiles are DNG in LR. They are the standard Canon picture styles at least by name (neutral, faithful, landscape, etc) so I would think dedicated to the raw image and not a DNG. But perhaps I am missing something? Would be nice to create and add custom profiles there. But, not something I can't live without :)
DNG camera profiles apply to DNG and RAW.

Thanks. I'll take a look. But I stil have successfully avoided anything in the cloud and have stuck with 6.1.4

Very cool. Did not find this on my searches. Just downloaded and will try it out.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back