• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Cursor advance not working after hot key

Status
Not open for further replies.

jposada01

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 8.3.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
Good afternoon everyone. For the last few versions, I've noticed that not all the time, but most times, when I use a hot key in Develop such as P or X to flag an image, it auto-advances to the next image, but then I cannot advance to the next image using the right-cursor. I have to mouse-select the next image, then the cursor key works for subsequent images, until the next time I apply P or X. Anyone else experience this?

That's a weird one. When you say the right cursor, you mean the right arrow key? Does the photo show as selected, in the lightest gray shade when the right button doesn't work? And do you have any kind of filter applied?

Yes, right arrow.. No filters, nothing applied. Nothing gets highlighted...just nothing happens until I pick the image by mouse, then all is well. Sometimes it won't happen for 10-20 P(icks), then it will happen for multiple instances. When it first happened, I figured it would get addressed by the next version, but its now several versions. I think it's time to tell mommy.

Ok, not getting highlighted would be key. That's the bit to look out for, if you can spot a pattern. The keystrokes won't do anything if the photo's not selected. That's not an issue I'm hearing lots of reports on, so resetting preferences could be a good place to start.

When I P(ick) the image, it advances to the next image ( I have Auto Advance turned on) and it is highlighted. However, when I RightSelect, the next one doesn't get highlighted, the already highlighted image from Auto Advance stays highlighted and the next image is not.

I've tried to see if there is a pattern and there is not one that I can discern.

See if you can grab a video next time it happens. We might be able to spot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back